Monday, March 18, 2019

High School and New Teachers from the USA



Today's young teachers from the USA (and UK) are just hopeless...
Here's another true story....
My son's 10th grade high school History class. It's the parent-teachers get-together where the teachers explain curriculum. 
Teacher stands there and says, "...We'll be studying the Rennaissance, etc., then onto the Industrial Revolution, World War I, World War II, the Cold War and Vietnam and then how all that leads us to today and Global Warming."
I'm surprised and shocked. I also know that 95% of the parents won't say a word. I raise my hand and say, "Did you say, 'Global Warming'?"
Teacher smugly says, "Yes."
I say that "I thought this was a history class and not Meteorology or the Sciences like weather....Are you proposing to teach our children leftist ideology?"
Guy froze and looked like a deer in headlights.
Dumbass.
Then, my wife and I went to my son's English class with a particularly dim-witted instructor named, "Moran." (Not making that part up.)
The school uses an Internet-based system called "Power School" whereby parents can keep track of what's being studied in every class and what is expected of the students and intervene before there becomes a problem.
Ms. Moran doesn't use the system.
I told her about it and complained that, as parents, we have no way of knowing what the lessons and homework are if she doesn't update the system everyday. She didn't use the system at all.
Ms. Moran retorted that she didn't believe that 14-year-olds needed to be told what to do.
I am the father of 4 kids. Trust me, 14-year-olds need to be told constantly what to do.
I insisted that she use the Power School system to keep parents updated on what's going on. Us parents spent a lot of money, with the school administration, on building that system and I insisted that she use it.
She refused.
I still insisted.
She then, without skipping a beat, told my wife and me that, "No one in the school administration told me to use the system."

My jaw dropped to the floor. What the hell?
It didn't seem to occur to her for even a half a second her contradiction. Jeez! The lady is 30-years old and she needs to be told what to do? But 14-year-olds don't?
Idiot.
We changed schools.  

No comments:

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...