Saturday, December 26, 2015

Mike (in Tokyo) Rogers' Top 50 Best Songs of 2015 (With Music Videos!)

(Me with The 50 Kaitenz! Left to right: Dory, Bogie, Me, Danny (I'm the handsome one!) - Go "Like" their FB page! https://www.facebook.com/the50kaitenz/)

Mike (in Tokyo) Rogers' Top 50 Best Songs of 2015 マイク・ロジャースの2015年のトップ50曲
(1から50の順番リストじゃない!)
These are my favorite songs and/or something from a favorite artist of the year. There is no order from 1 ~ 50. These are just my favorite 50 listed as I played them on my Year-End radio show special. Now, some of these songs were not released in 2015... In fact, a few are several years old. But so what? I play alternative and underground stuff so this year was the first time I had heard them and it's my countdown, so there! Also, these songs were chosen by my iTunes software as the Top 50 songs I played from October, 1 2014 until October 30, 2015.... Songs that I have been heavily playing since November (and there's lots of them) will be on the 2016 chart, so stay tuned!

I have placed videos with the songs whenever and where ever possible.
The Smittens - One Hundred Roses 

Fabienne Delsol - Laisse tomber les filles 

Knife Pleats - One Step Too Far 

Messer Chups - Sex Euro And Evils Pop 

Barrence Whitfield and the Savages - The Corner Man

The 50 Kaitenz - サムクックが聞こえる 
This is also one of Japan's best and, by far most entertaining bands. These guys are the closest thing to Japan's Ramones while retaining kick ass originality and great tunes. Check them if you can!
(Sorry. No video for this song, but try this one: The 50 Kaitenz - Killer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8HZwXRr1Mc)

The 50 Kaitenz

Mark Ronson - L.S.F. 

She & Him - Sunday Girl 

Prima Donna - Deathless 

Fabienne Delsol & The Bristol - Questions I Can't Answer

Clara Belle and the Creeps - I Just Wanna Dance
The Just Joans - Hey Boy...You're Oh So Sensitive! 

The Ettes - Take it With You 

Mirror Trap - New Trance 
(Sorry. No video for this song, but try this one: The Mirror Trap - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvZEWO2TsVM)

Doll Skin - Family of Strangers

Lola Dutronic - Go Fuck Yourself 
(Well there's no video for this great song and I think the only radio show in the world that plays this great tune is my show. But never fear, Lola Dutronic had one of my Top 5 Fave Songs of 2014 and here it is! Enjoy! LOLA DUTRONIC - Everybody Loves You When You're Dead
 
Girlpool - Alone At The Show 

Kovak - My Boyfriend Is A Rockstar 
(Awesome tune. No video available. So try this out: Kovak - Sex Electric https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AadcyBl00NM)

The Routes - Day & Night

Allo Darlin' - Kiss Your Lips

Messer Chups - Difficult Love 

Barrence Whitfield and the Savages - Rock N Roll Baby

The Jacques - Pretty DJ

Messer für Frau Müller - The Best Girl In the USSR 

THE PRIVATES - ACTION WOMAN

(Japan's "The Privates" have been compared to the famed Buzzcocks. The lead singer of this band, Tatsuji Nobuhara will also star in "A Japanese Rock N Roll Ghost Story." Check it! But, sorry. No video for this song, but try this one: The Privates - Drive All Night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dixV0AAxsdE)

Vienna Ditto - Feeling Good 

Courtney Barnett - Pedestrian At Best 

THE MONSTERS - BLOW UM MAU MAU 

A.J. and the Jiggawatts - Get Wild 

The Man - Gabba Gabba Hey

Potty Mouth - Cherry Picking 

Taffy - Suicidal Bunny 

Mozes And The Firstborn - Peter Jr. 

Messer Chups - Go Satan Go 

The Just Joans Some Boys Are Bigger Than Others

Su ko D Koi - Busu (Ugly)

The Jackets - Wasting My Time

The Two Tens - Scene

Dog Party - Peanut Butter Dream 

Titty Twister - SPEEDBALL BABY

The History of Apple Pie - You're So Cool

Wolf Alice - Moaning Lisa Smile

THE NEATBEATS - Snakey Baby

China Rats - To Be Like I 

Dirty Fences - Judy (Don't Go)

Have You Ever Seen The Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS? - Shämäläin 

The HaveNots - Rock'n'Roll Weekend 

Purple - Wallflower

UME - Chase It Down 

Motobunny - Let's Go Out



----------------------

Thanks to Kona Cindy, Alex Kish, Kayla Williams, Dave McLean, Aya Fukuta, Ken Nishikawa and Rodney Bingenheimer (Rodney on the Roq). You guys are the only people in the entire music industry who teaches me music that I don't already know about. That's what happens to you when you work in the music industry and you become a 60-year-old man. Really!

No comments:

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...