Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Have the Flu. "Deadly" Hong Kong Type A. Booga Booga Panic!



The flu is out in Japan and the mass media and big pharma are doing their best to scare us all about this horrible new scourge! Oh my god! Some people have even died this time! Whatever shall we do? In fact, I now have the flu. My lips are bleeding and I have been coughing up blood....


Nah. Not really. But if I were that would make a great movie, eh? I just came back from the doctor and when I told them that I think I have the flu, they all stood at attention and put me in a different room from the other patients!


Wow! I didn't know I was so bad. I just thought I was tired and probably catching something. Didn't have a fever or anything either.


On Saturday I started feeling very tired. I took a few naps that lasted for 3 hours. That's quite unusual for me. I haven't been drinking any alcohol and been on the Raw Food Diet since Jan. 6. I plan on losing weight this year and getting down to the same weight I was when I was 25. I figure that I can do that in six months, no problem. I've done it before!


It's actually quite easy to do, really. With the Raw Food Diet, you don't eat any cooked foods so of course it eliminates breads, pastas and rice... Oh and fermented grains like booze. Of course booz is a no-no. 


The Raw Food Diet is a great diet that I recommend to anyone because you don't have to suffer; you can eat all you want! Just as long as it fresh fruits and veggies that you are munching on.


I've done this diet before and, when I did, even though everyone around me got sick or the flu, I didn't.  But, darn it, looks like this time I did. I don't feel so bad, just a cough sometimes and a fever. I just came back from the doctor and he ordered me not to go outside and spread the flu to others. He said that I have to stay indoors for five days!? Can you believe that? Five days! 


At first, when I heard this, I wanted to go on a vacation somewhere or use the extra time to finish my blog stories about drug rehab, but darned if I'm just not exhausted all the time. I get up and do some work and 15 minutes later I feel like I'm about to pass out and I go back to sleep!


I'm sure that, had I not been on raw food, I'd have felt much worse; As eating cooked food tires your body out and your body needs energy to fight off colds. But, if this keeps up, I won't be doing anything but short posts like this.


Damn you flu virus!


The Daily Yomiuri reports


The number of flu-stricken patients reached about 1.11 million in the week ending last Friday, an increase of about 400,000 from the previous week, according to figures compiled by the health ministry. In the week starting Jan. 16, the number of patients suffering from influenza reported to the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry from about 5,000 medical institutions was about triple that of a week earlier. The number of patients per medical institution during that period was 22.73 persons, up from 7.33 persons the week before, according to the ministry. 


Even so, this year I have a mild cases of the influenza, folks do not get flu shots for your babies and small children. They are not safe. This having a headache for a few days and not feeling well is a hell of a lot better than having a child with Autism.


People this age are the only people who should have flu shots


Here, below, the mass media tries to scare people because two ninety some year old folks died from complications associated with the flu. Why is this news?




It used to be that catching the flu, while a serious sickness, did call for patients to be quarantined. I was. Chuckle!


If I can live to be 90-years-old and then get offed by the flu virus, I'd consider that a pretty good deal.

4 comments:

Andrew Joseph said...

Well... I have had a flu shot here for the past seven years and haven't been sick once.
My wife and son even had the Norovirus, but I refused to get sick.
Your diet is intriguing, Mike. You and I have discussed it a few times previously... but Nicotine-withdrawls are making me hungry for everything right now. Soon...
Hope you feel better, though. No get back to writing Part 3 of your stay in a mental hospital! Ha! You and your hospitals...

mike in tokyo rogers said...

Andrew,

I quit smoking (finally) 5 years ago. I had stopped smoking and then started back up at least 9 times. Sometimes I'd stop for 9 months, yet be back smoking soon. Until one day....

Andrew, how many times have you tried to stop smoking and then started up again?

Anonymous said...

Telling people not to get immunized because of misrepresented data blown-up by the media is all too dangerous.
Even if it was a proven fact that immunizations lead to autism then I'd rather be autistic (I actually am, with asperger's syndrome) than have smallpox, mumps, rubella or any other life-threatening virus.

But I do agree that the media going nuts over a 92 year old dying because of flu is ridiculous. I think it's because Japanese are generally germaphobic in all respects and take it to the extreme.

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone is talking not having about immunizations against deadly infectious diseases. I don't see where that conclusion could be drawn from anywhere in this article. Mike was only speaking about flu vaccinations. No one was talking about Small Pox et al.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...