Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Piling on Steve Jobs

Remember that blog I wrote a few days ago complaining about Steve Jobs' whining? Well, it seems that others are now getting in on the action.

Steve Jobs from the good old days

Here's a post at ZDNet asking for Steve Jobs to retire!

These guys really go for the jugular... OK, I don't, but I'm not a tekkie... I guess ZDNet can. From the article:


Friday’s event was deeply disturbing. There you were, up there on stage, mocking genuinely valid concerns over the fundamental performance of your flagship product, arrogantly denying credible analysis by some of the most reputable product testers on the planet, telling members of the press that you love your users so much that you’ve built 300 Apple retail stores just for them.
The whole thing was embarrassing. It was beneath you.
These guys really blast Jobs.
Well, OK... I'll take credit for lavishing on the complaints first, but I won't go as far to ask for Jobs to retire.
Even though, all things considered, I guess he should.
When a guy like Steve Jobs loses the confidence of the Tekkies and geeks, I guess he's finished. What do barbeque chefs say? "Put a fork in 'em. They're done."
Or, perhaps, if Jobs leaves, then Apple will begin the slow decline since it seems that Apple is built around a Cult of Personality.
We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats why Bill Gates is scrubbing Steve Jobs' back. LOL
http://www.japansugoi.com/wordpress/japanese-mac-magazine-features-bill-gates-and-steve-jobs-at-onsen/

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...