Saturday, November 3, 2012

Internet Surfing, Giant Butter Jesus and Unbelievable Stuff the Americans Do...



America has always been good for ideas as there's SO MUCH CRAZINESS coming out of that place. That's why America has always been so good for comedy, cars the size of boats, Jack Daniels and Harley Davidsons and wild rock and roll music.......

There's so much bizarro stuff, though, that sometimes when I tell my Japanese friends about them, they usually find it too incredulous to believe... That is, excepting, my close friends whom I have known for a long time... Like, my wife, for example. She's gotten used to it so nothing that happens in the USA surprises her anymore.



Recently, I've been trying to get the writing staff of a show that I produce to come up with better and more creative ideas. It seems to me that they are in a sort of rut.

I mentioned to them that a good way to come up with new ideas would be to surf the internet but to go to totally brand new sites. You know, find a new or unusual word and then search it and see what you come up with... Or, instead of just going to the usual sites, check the sites that they recommend.

Today I was looking at a technology site, a subject that I know nothing about, and saw a small plug for a band named "Big Butter." I then decided to search Youtube to see if I could find the band. I couldn't. What I did find, though, lead me on a short adventure that has lead to this blog post...

First, I searched "Big Butter" and, as I said, I came up empty-handed. I was looking for an experimental rock band.. But! I did find a related post that was also entitled, "Big Butter" so I decided to watch it...

It starts off with a comedy monologue (and who doesn't like comedy?) and the guy started talking about a, "Giant Jesus statue made out of butter..." Of course, I thought, "WTF?!" and decided to watch.

It's pretty funny. Watch it yourself and see...


Building a giant Jesus statue? Isn't that just like the gaudy and outrageous things that Americans would do? Especially hard-core Christians! Then it gets hit by lightening and burns down and people freak out?

Then, after that, I thought I'd search the internet to see if I couldn't find a video of this giant Jesus statue. Well, I did immediately, and what I saw and heard really blew my mind. Check this out: 


What!? The statue is called the "Touchdown Jesus!" You kiddin' me?" If that isn't funny enough, the punchline comes next... You know how some of these crazy Christian ministers and pastors say silly stuff like, "Earthquakes and typhoons and floods happen because god is punishing us for allowing homosexuality!" or "God is angry about teen age abortions so that's why tsunamis happen!" You know, they say all sorts of idiocy to get people scared and keep them in the church so that they can fleece them...

Well, watch this news report about the fire on the Jesus statue and hear what the distressed lady says at about 1:09 when she says, "This is not a coincidence..." Also check out the start of the news report. On the background screen it says, "Holy Smoke!" 


The church is named the "Solid Rock Church?" And, they're going to build another giant Jesus bigger than the last one? You kidding me? You just can't make this stuff up!... And, if you tell the Japanese about this, they won't believe you...

4 comments:

Kevin Riley said...

Butter Jesus is God's sign that he loves homosexuals. Butter makes a good lubricant.

Anonymous said...

The oddities of life.

Your blog entry was a welcome and stark contrast to the less funny side of the same coin:
http://www.freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2012/10/bruce-jessen-torturer-in-pulpit.html

MMJ: "Recently, I've been trying to get the writing staff of a show that I produce to come up with better and more creative ideas."

There's some Zen in there. I think, anyway. Yoda stuff too. And G. North saying, Pushing on a String.

I wonder if that's a sport?, string pushing. Ha.

- IndividualAudienceMember

Andrew Joseph said...

I have prayed to Big Butter Jesus and he sent me toast. That's faith rewarded! Unlike Hurricane Sandy.

Anonymous said...

Big Butter Jesus. Great song. Enjoyable performance. Thank you. J-- Mike.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...