Saturday, March 23, 2013

Beautiful Flowers in Japan's Springtime


Once again, I haven't really been in the mood for some heavy writing. Some of my dear friends have been going through some rough times. Me too... This article is dedicated to my friends, Red, Sue and Cindy.

Chin up and all that. Your spirit is an inspiration to us all.

人生は難しいので、私たちがお互いにやさしくをしましょう。

Recently, I've been going out on an hour and a half walks. I did again yesterday and took photos along the way. It's Hanami season and as the Byrds song says (with lyrics from a book that is a 1000 years old): 

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) 
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) 
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven  
A time to be born, a time to die 
A time to plant, a time to reap 
A time to kill, a time to heal 
A time to laugh, a time to weep

A rose I grew in my garden. No matter how cold the winter was, this rose slowly grew all winter. Amazing!


Byrds - "Turn Turn Turn" 
(Please click on the video for music while you see the rest of the photos and read the comments).


Some of the star attractions of the season: Cherry blossoms



Nearby my home, they are constructing and new park. Of course, since this is a big park in Japan, they simply must transplant cherry trees. I found how they wrapped the tree trunks in canvas to be very interesting.



These are in the middle of blooming yesterday morning. By now, they are fully opened. Within four or five days, they will be gone. Life is short, let us enjoy it. 

"Life is difficult. So let us be good to each other" - C.S. Lewis



These must have bloomed the day before



There are literally a thousand of these trees near my home. In fact the next town over is called, "New Cherry Blossom City"! Great for flower lovers; hell for hay fever sufferers!


More trees being transplanted along side the road


I also find the color of the plum blossoms to be wonderful. These flowers herald the coming arrival of the cherries a few weeks ahead of time



Besides the cherry and plum blossoms, the wide array of other flowers get into the act. I'm sorry that I don't know the names of these various flowers. May I make a a sorry excuse? Do they not say, "A rose is still a rose by any other name"? Here are some beautiful blue flowers 



A bush splashes out tiny white flowers alongside Tamagawa river



These are also blooming everywhere. For some reason, this reminds me of something Andy Warhol would have painted



This is the style of flower that all little children draw, isn't it?



There are countless numbers of these white flowers on these bushes. The flowers are all about the size of one penny



These were on the sidewalk inside a planter in Roppongi


A proud father and his son. The boys of summer truly signify the coming of the changes of the season in Japan! I remember playing baseball with my dad when I was a boy! Father! Son! Remember and enjoy these days well! For these are the days that dreams are made of!

---------------------------------

And don't forget about our Hanami party on April 6th and 7th at Tamagawa!


2013年花見!Hanami Party!  今年もこの季節がやってきました!花見〜〜〜〜今回は4月6日、7日の2日間でやります。日曜日に来れなかった人も今年は大丈夫だよ!皆さんに声をかけて参加して下さい。会場は毎年花見をやっている尾山台の多摩川河川敷です。飲まない人は駐車場も増えたので車でもだいじょうぶです。シェアーして下さい。




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos.

Nice sentiment.

Wait, Dodgers?

I must say,
Hanshin Tigers.

:)

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...