Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ishinomaki - The Black Water Documentary

After two rough days of editing, our documentary about the relief trip to Ishinomaki is finally finished. I am very proud of this work and think it is a very heavy and gripping story. 




A documentary film about Ishinomaki in Miyagi prefecture one of the hardest hit areas of the March 11, 2011 tsunami. This documentary deals with the city, the people and relief efforts completed by individuals living in Tokyo to send relief supplies to a center for disabled people in Ishinomaki.
DOUBLE CLICK ON SCREEN FOR HIGH-QUALITY FULL-SIZED VIDEO

DOUBLE CLICK ON SCREEN FOR HIGH-QUALITY FULL-SIZED VIDEO

If the link doesn't work, use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8B6cCqtt0o


I thank Ken Nishikawa for the great effort at editing this video and believe this is the finest project I have ever worked on.


I hope you enjoy it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very informative documentary, shows a side of things not seen on mass media. My thought as a US citizen - what a contrast to the post-Katrina situation, which, lets face it, was practically nothing in comparison.

Music credits?

mike in tokyo rogers said...

Oops! Forgot Music credits:

Opening: Wilhelm Kempff - Beethoven Tempest Sonata Mvt. 3

Ending: Wilhelm Kempff - Beethoven Bagatelles, Op. 126

Anonymous said...

The video is not something I'll soon forget. It did seem like you all were doing something good, something meaningful.

Kent said...

I am so proud of my alma mater, St. Mary's International School, for participating in the disaster relief efforts. My heart is still in Japan. I still pray for the people there.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...