Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Japan's Problem's: Climb Every Mountain

I received an email from one of the wonderful ladies who works for the PTA at my son's school. The school had a "Thank you" luncheon planned for the many wonderful folks who helped as volunteers for various school and charity events throughout the school year. 


Sound of Music - Climb Every Mountain


She wrote to ask if this annual event - which has been held for decades - should be cancelled, toned down or held as planned.


Here's what I wrote:



Life is short and there are many twists and turns. I, for one, do not think that remaining in a mood of grief, hopelessness, worry or anxiety does anything positive for anyone (especially those who have really suffered up north) and doing so only robs us of our energy, happiness, enthusiasm, and rationality. This is not a healthy situation.

The best thing we can do for those who have suffered - and for ourselves - is to get our lives back in order, get positive, get things moving (that includes the economy) so we can help those people and help ourselves. Of course, everyone grieves in a different way. There is no one best way.

We have to accept what has happened and work our way through it for the betterment of all - especially our children.

In short, I think that the luncheon should go on as planned. We should not pine nor continue with the sadness - nor feel guilt - about wanting to overcome this burden. 

As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, this too shall pass. We shall overcome. The sooner we smile again, the better it will be for our children. Like I said, anxiety and worry are not symptoms of healthy people.

My two cents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspirational. Thanks. I cried when I listened to the video.

Andy "In Japan" said...

Hmmm Mike-san...climb every mountain..inspirational..these things remind me that it is way past time that you post more photos of sexy Japanese hiking girls.

Let's never forget the terrible tragedy and yet go on enjoying life, in honor of those who were lost. Just like people do at the boozy "wake" Japanese people have after someone dies.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...