Monday, March 14, 2011

The Power Outages Have Arrived in Japan

In what seems like a scene from some drama or horror movie, I was woken up this morning by a truck with loudspeakers proclaiming that the rolling blackouts have arrived. It is now 5:45 am. I have taken my family father away from Tokyo and we are about 280 kilometers (173 miles) from the nuclear accident site.





Do you remember that scene from the movie "Casablanca" where Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman are standing by the window of their apartment in Paris and the trucks with the speakers are going along and announcing that "the Germans are coming!" That's what it reminded me of.

The blackouts will probably become a daily part of life for sometime now for those of us living in Japan.

Here's to you kid!

The old Chinese curse still holds true; "May you live in interesting times!" These, my friends, are interesting times.

No comments:

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...