Saturday, February 2, 2013

Macklemore at Sizzler in Tokyo! Why I Love Japan: Episode #287 "Profanity on the Background Music at Family Restaurants"

*This article is not censored! 今日11:30ごろMacklemoreは世田谷Sizzlerで!!!!

Yo! Japan rocks. There's a million reasons why Japan is one of the best places to live in the whole world. Ask any American who can choose to live in the USA or Japan why they stay here... There's no comparison.


Macklemore was at Sizzler today in Tokyo! Really! I heard him! 

Did I say, "Japan Rocks"!? I did? Okay.

Yo! Check it! Reason #287 why Japan rocks: No BS politically correct censorship on the radio or at the in-store background music in public places.

Nope. Japan doesn't have a fascist FCC type of organization telling stations what they can and cannot air and what kind of language is appropriate. Japanese broadcasting stations have the right to censor themselves. There is no quasi-government organization pushing their shit Christian ethic on the rest of the public.. And when it comes to the language, there's no such thing as "Seven Words That You Can Never Say on Television"... They certainly don't have it in English, either....



In Japan, there's no PC crowd or organization saying that children can't hear words broadcasted on TV, radio and films that they hear their parents and neighbors saying all the god-damned time at home anyway!

Today, I took my wife and son to Sizzler. You know, the family steak house chain that originally came from the USA. It was wonderful. We had the salad bar set like we always do.

I laughed when Macklemore & Ryan Lewis came over the piped in music and they started singing these words:

I’m gonna pop some tags, only got twenty dollars in my pocket 
I’m, I’m, I’m hunting, looking for a come up, this is fucking awesome 

Now walk into the club like "What up?! I got a big cock!" 
Nah, I’m just pumped, I bought some shit from the thrift shop 
Ice on the fringe is so damn frosty 
The people like “Damn, that’s a cold ass honky” 
Rolling in hella deep, headed to the mezzanine 
Dressed in all pink except my gator shoes, 
those are green Draped in a leopard mink, 
girl standing next to me Probably should've washed this, 
smells like R.Kelly sheets 
Piss.... 

But shit, it was 99 cents 
Buy it, coppin' it, washin' it, 
‘bout to go and get some compliments 
Passing up on those moccasins someone else has been walking in 
Bummy and grungy, fucking it, 
I am stunting and flossing and Saving my money and I’m hella happy, 
that’s a bargain bitch 
I’ma take your grandpa's style, I’ma take your grandpa's style 
No for real, ask your grandpa, can I have his hand-me-downs? 
Velour jumpsuit and some house slippers 
Dookie Brown leather jacket that I found digging 
They had a broken keyboard, I bought a broken keyboard 
I bought a skeet blanket, then I bought a knee board 
Hello, hello, my ace man, my mellow John Wayne ain’t got nothing on my fringe game, 
hell no I could take some Pro Wings, make them cool, sell those 
The sneaker heads would be like “Ah, he got the Velcros” 

What you know about rocking a wolf on your noggin? 
What you knowing about wearing a fur fox skin? 
I’m digging, I’m digging, 
I’m searching right through that luggage 
One man’s trash, that’s another man’s come up 
Thank your granddad for donating that plaid button- Up shirt, 
‘cause right now, I’m up in hurr stuntin' I’m at the Goodwill, 
you can find me in the (Uptons) 
I’m that, I’m that sucker searchin' in that section (Uptons) 
Your grammy, your aunty, your momma, your mammy 
I’ll take those flannel zebra jammies, 
second hand and I’ll rock that motherfucker 
The built-in onesie with the socks on the motherfucker 
I hit the party and they stop in that motherfucker 
They be like “Oh that Gucci, that’s hella tight” 
I’m like “Yo, that’s fifty dollars for a t-shirt” 
Limited edition, let’s do some simple addition 
Fifty dollars for a t-shirt, 
that’s just some ignorant bitch shit I call that getting swindled and pimped, 
shit I call that getting tricked by business 
That shirt’s hella dope 
And having the same one as six other people in this club is a hella don’t 
Peep game, come take a look through my telescope 
Trying to get girls from a brand? 
Then you hella won’t 
Man you hella won’t, 
man you hella won't


I’m gonna pop some tags, only got twenty dollars in my pocket 
I’m, I’m, I’m hunting, looking for a come up, this is fucking awesome 


As I chuckle and enjoy the tune, the rest of the patrons at the restaurant enjoy the pleasant piped in music. To the left of me there's a table with a family with two little girls who look to be 4 or 5 years old... They enjoy the music, the food and the atmosphere of the restaurant....

I love Japan! It's fucking awesome!

-------

PS: Yo Dawg! I am proud to say that we were was the first ones to play Macklemore and Ryan Lewis in Japan on the FM radio one day before release on August 27, 2012 (thanks to my dear friend Willie Gee in Los Angeles!) As of today, Feb. 2, 2013, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" has hit #1 on Billboard Digital music charts for three weeks in a row! Awesome! Macklemore is awesome!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.japansubculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Image.jpg

http://www.japansubculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Image-1.jpg

Would would be pro-censorship if AKB48 were censored in the media?

Anonymous said...

I did a doubletake when I heard Pink's "Blow Me" (non-radio edit version) at a cafe in Shinagawa. I also remember in 2002 I heard Royce Gracie (the fighter) dropping an F bomb on Japan national TV in an interview. Japan definitely doesn't censor English. -JB

Anonymous said...

Funny how you talk about the tight-assed americans (and they are) but when it comes to your own blog you have this: "profane comments will be deleted". So, no swearing on your blog? True? If so, why?

mike in tokyo rogers said...

Anonymous at 5:20... Let me ask you a question...
Do you find it interesting and "fun" to go to some site and see people flaming each other and swearing at each other? Think about this. Why is it nice to go to someplace like, say, an Apple Store? Because it is a pleasant experience; the people are nice.. If you went to an Apple Store and staff were swearing at people and or other customers were doing the same, would you visit there again? Isn't it obvious? Hopefully, this is a nice place to visit... I could be wrong, but (and this was advice from my friends Mish Shedlock and Lew Rockwell - as well as from my friends at Apple) that I should refrain from those sorts of things because... Isn't it plain as day? They are not pleasant experiences. The blog should be pleasant so that people return. I think I might be doing okay as, nearing 2 million, it might be a good policy for a personal blog. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I find that your best columns (the ones I like best) are the ones where there is lots of heated debate. Even to the point of name calling. It's really entertaining. I kid you not. When I read articles online the best part most of the time are the outrageous and ludicrous comments. Anyway, if I were in Japan, maybe it would not be a comfortable experience sitting at a Denny's listening to some profanity playing on their sound system. I guess it might depend on who the artist is. But it is your blog and you should have full control of course. Hey, you let me say, tight-assed. Gracias!

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...