Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Best Cold Ramen in Tokyo: Koroku Ramen (ラーメン 小六)

By Mike in Tokyo Rogers

The jury has deliberated and the verdict is in; Koroku Ramen (ラーメン 小六)at Futagotamagawa station of the Den-en-toshi line in Setagaya-Ku, has the best, bay far, cold ramen in Tokyo.

Specifically, the cold sliced green onions ramen is heavenly. Don't believe the words of a man! The women love this dish!



In Japan, men just generally love the taste of just about any ramen. There are places that I've been to where there were huge lines of guys trying to get in to a ramen shop at lunch time and the ramen was just terrible, I thought. Of course, most guys don't care... When the ramen is just $2.50 a bowl...

Guys and girls, calculate it this way:

I am 50 years old. The average male in Japan passes away at 76. That means I only have 26 years more of lunches to eat. Let's see here:

26 x 365 days = 9,490 more lunches, on average, in my life.

Why would I want to waste what little I have left eating crappy food? So, now you know why in this blog, besides marketing and money,  I do sometimes write about food. Food is time. Time is money. Don't waste either.

Anyhow, I've heard about Koroku Ramen's delicious cold sliced onions ramen from women on the other side of Tokyo before. No kidding! We were at a party at a friend's house once and we told these two ladies that we lived in Futakotamagawa. They both replied, "We sometimes go there just to eat ramen!"

I was so surprised. But I wasn't surprised when they told me it was Koroku's cold sliced onions ramen.

This cold ramen is KILLER!

My wife just loves it too. But! The cold sliced onions ramen is seasonal, so if you are going to go eat it this year, you probably have to go to Koroku by mid-September at the latest!

When you order the cold sliced onions ramen ask for "Hiyashi Negi Ramen." You'll be glad you did!

Koroku Ramen address and contact:
3-20-2 Tamagawa, Setagaya-Ku, Tokyo 158-0094

Telephone: 03-3707-2398

小六
〒158-0094 東京都世田谷区玉川3丁目20−2
03-3707-2398    


Koroku Ramen map:

Directions: 

From Shibuya Station about 15 minutes on Den-en-Toshi Line. Go towards Yokohama way...

Exit Futakotamagawa Station (Express train or regular train is fine). Go left out the ticket gate towards Takashimaya. When you get to the big street, turn right. Turn left at second signal, 
you will see Koroku on your right side about 150 meters up the road at the first signal.

Mama and master of Koroku Ramen

This place has been in business at the same spot for 23 years so you know it has to be good!

Tell them Mike sent you!

-------

Ramen, Tokyo, Futakotamagawa, Setagaya, Den-en-Toshi line



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! My wife and two girls just love this Ramen shop! It is the best and reasonable priced... But! As with all good small restaurants they are not open all the time... I think 11:30 am - 3 pm then 7 pm - 12 midnight. (Yes, you read right, from 7 pm!)

Call before you go. The husband speaks English.
RR

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...