Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Japan is in a Depression! ¥300 Yen Bento!

By Mike in Tokyo Rogers

Well, I have to admit it when I am wrong. I was completely convinced that, while we have little inflation in Japan, that we didn't really have any deflation at all.

Why? Well, 10 years ago, a liter of gasoline cost ¥95 yen. Today is costs ¥128. Food stuffs have all gone up in price too.

Seen on the road near Sasazuka Station on the Keio Line. It says
"Service Bento (no tea) ¥300"... It looked good too! 

One year ago a can of corn cost ¥85. Now it's ¥119.

But today I saw something that dropped my jaw: ¥300 yen bento! Like an idiot, I didn't take a photo of the bento but it looked pretty darned good too!

I have never seen ¥300 bento before. The photo is proof! If this is the direction that prices are going in Japan, then that's good news!

Hope my salary doesn't deflate with it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its about playing by the same rules, while USA moves along @ 3% growth rate, China storms away @ 11% growth,

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...