Saturday, October 16, 2010

Japanese Singing Robots and Androids

I wrote about Hatsune Miku on Lew Rockwell a while back and how these sorts of androids or robots were changing the music world and our society. Some people scoffed until I informed them that, for example, a few music videos "by" Hatsune Miku have over 10,000,000 views on Japan's Nico Nico Douga.


Now Bloomberg gets in on the action reporting from Pop Fi:

Robots are our future. If the Japanese have taught us anything, it's that one day we'll all be living alongside, working alongside, and possibly sleeping with sentient machines with the power to rend us in twain with the whir of a servomotor and the gush of pneumatic fluid. I'm slowly growing to accept this new reality thanks to Japan's latest robot monster, a pop-singing robot-diva dubbed the HRP-4C, which debuted at CEATAC Japan. 

I think this is pretty creepy (I mean, that people actually like this). You decide. Watch the video:



Forgive me for being crass, but these things remind me of Dutch Wives and I cannot stop thinking that the people who make these things aren't thinking the same thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a documentary on TV the other day and the android was a perfect copy of a human being. The Japanese are making huge progress and the above is not the current standard.

salil said...

Writing from an artificial vocal chord makes the experience even more memory intensive than before....
Giving the idea that memory IN memory is a repetitive task should bring the notes out even more easily now than after the effect of the neural net not performing the required KEY..

Anonymous said...

Finding the Middle C makes the point quite clear....

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...