Saturday, October 16, 2010

Japanese Young People and No Common Sense

I have written about how Japan's economy was being wrecked by many things, especially politicians. Recently, I wrote that Japan upper management is selling their company future down the river in order to preserve their own retirement pensions.

I don't want to seem like a big complainer (my wife says I am) but today I want to complain about Japanese young people.

I guess I'd have to agree with older Japanese people who say that today's young people have no manners or common sense.

Of course, it's not all younger people; but far too many haven't a clue about manners and customs. It can be very embarrassing at personal or family events, but in business situations it is a disaster. If they don't know what to do, why don't they consult an older, respected person?

I always do. If it is a funeral, promotion, business deal, baby, marriage, whatever, I consult my mother in law who is well versed in customs, manners and rules. Doesn't everyone in Japan know an older person who they respect and they can consult with?

I cannot give details about what happened recently, as the person I am talking about might realize it if he saw this story (I will tell him personally next week), but my question to young people is; "If you don't know about manners or customs or traditions, then why don't you ask some elders?"

I have made a huge business deals between two clients where the situation calls for one of the client's to give the partner product for the partner to trial or test... Does the young person send the product to the partner? No.

Isn't it common sense that, say, I was selling cheese and you ran, say, a newspaper and we were going into a partnership into selling the cheese in your newspaper, wouldn't you expect me to deliver some cheese to you to try?

Isn't this just common sense? If I didn't, wouldn't you think it were strange or wouldn't you question my common sense?

I would.

Also, isn't obvious that, if the newspaper people liked, really loved the product, they'd put more effort into it and try harder? And, if they tried harder, wouldn't we all make more money?

Let's say we just sealed the deal. The newspaper gives you a copy of the newest issue every time you go there (hint, hint) wouldn't it enter your mind to have some cheese delivered to the bosses and staff so that they can try it? Isn't that just smart business so that you can build a good relationship?

Or, is this just something that young people today cannot even fathom?

If so, this country IS in big trouble.

1 comment:

Ira Hata said...

Mike,

Again, this country has been Westernized (mainly by the US) and, as such, the values of our young people have been seriously affected.

To expect them to understand the concept of what you believe is common sense is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Unfortunately, this country IS IN BIG TROUBLE. 90+% of the population is the walking dead. They believe everything they read and see on TV. They've lost their identity and pride in their heritage.

If you want to get something done, YOU HAVE TO LITERALLY TELL THEM. Otherwise, they will continue their zombie ways...

"i"

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...