Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Can't Believe That Kan Won the Election

OK. I was wrong... I wrote that I thought for sure that Ichiro Ozawa would be president of the DPJ and then the next prime minister of Japan... But, nope. I was wrong...

Those idiots in the DPJ reelected a guy who helped them get throttled in the last election? They reelect a guy who actually went and told people in public that he wanted to raise taxes!

I knew something was wrong when I was riding in a car and saw on a billboard the the yen had gone up in value again! It's like my friend Andy wrote, "The cost of imported goods like food and energy should be falling for Japanese consumers, which is just what we need. But the BOJ is against Japanese consumers and will act to help their pals in the export sector."

I've been in Japan for over 26 years and still am surprised by how useless and inept the politicians in Japan are.

Maybe the DPJ wants to be booted out of power in the next general election.

That would explain this result.

Anyhow, I was wrong...  I am an idiot.

I might write about this more tomorrow morning...

2 comments:

Andy "In Japan" said...

Versus the dollar, the Yen actually went UP again. The cost of imported goods like food and energy should be falling for Japanese consumers, which is just what we need. But the BOJ is against Japanese consumers and will act to help their pals in the export sector. All this proves is that America's idiot ruling party bosses are bigger idiots than Japan's idiot ruling party bosses.

mike in tokyo rogers said...

Oh, yeah. Thanks Andy,

That's what I meant. And you are exactly right; the BOJ is against Japanese consumers.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...