Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blasphemy Against the Beatles and Other Good Promotional Ideas!

By Mike in Tokyo Rogers

Give me two minutes. I promise that you will be laughing at this stuff. These are great ideas! (Weird, yes, but great!)

In the meantime, has anyone noticed that I changed my welcome message? No? Nah... I didn't think so...

Anyway, it used to say something that I thought sounded cool, but it sounded like a poseur wrote it (that would be me) so I changed it.

Now it says:

WELCOME

This blog is about Marketing and Japan.
The purpose is to give you ideas and to promote creative thinking.
I hope you come here daily for something completely different!

I really do want to make this a place where people can come to see great ideas about Marketing and maybe change them and use them for themselves, but I also want this to be a place to go to when you are "stuck."

It's kind of like writer's cramp. You know, you have to come up with a good idea, but you just don't have it. Well, feel free to come to this blog and check out the stuff here. I've got all sorts of things about Japan (which is a weird place full of great ideas as is) but I also want to add some stuff that will also get you thinking, "WTF!" and maybe get you to laugh and get some new ideas.

Anyhow, in Japan, the Beatles are next to God. I didn't really get sick of the Beatles until I came to Japan. Some of the FM radios stations will still have Beatles Days where they play Beatles non-stop 24-hours-day! You can still go into restaurants and bars here in Japan where they only play the Beatles. Really! 

Japan is a place where you can really get fed up and sick and tired of the Fab Four.

Well, on that note... Here's something that, if they saw it, most Japanese would think was blasphemy... Think about this for Marketing. Is there some way to use Taboo or blasphemy to sell your product better?

Hmmm.... Watch this video. 

 

Wow! That's weird. But it gives me a good idea. How about you?

This "artist" is called "Sts" (StSanders) or "the Heatless" (I think)... The description for the album is: 

"First your pants then your shoes" comes this evergreen hit of The Heatless. The band that could've gotten it all, but didn't want to. 




------

Keywords: Beatles, Marketing, Sts, StSanders, StSanderMisc, Mike Rogers, Marketing Japan,  

No comments:

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...