Monday, September 20, 2010

Hilarious Collection of 12 Most Anti-American Anime

Here is a hilarious collection of the "12 Most Anti-American Anime." It's from one of those ultra-nerdy tekkie sites called Topless Robot.

(下にビデオがある!)

I just got this across my desk from Lew Rockwell. Thanks Lew!

From the article:

There's nothing wrong with hating the United States of America. In fact, that's one of the things that make America great. And anime, being the product of a nation that lost a war to America not so long ago, sometimes hates America an awful lot. In fact, a number of anime creations hate America with such hilarious, overwrought gusto that it's hard not to sit back and laugh.


Sakigake! Otokojuku

 We've dug up the 12 most obvious and insane cases of America-bashing in anime, and we had only one requirement: they must somehow be commercially available in America. This means we've disqualified a lot of infamous World War II propaganda as well as '80s masterworks like 
Sakigake!! Otokojuku





But think of it this way: In order to truly hate America, an anime production must actually be released in America. That way it can drive home its hatred by exploiting America's market and the racist, scheming, genocidal, gun-toting, football-playing, war-declaring, country-invading, base-stealing, hamburger-gobbling, nuke-dropping, pants-pissing psychic assassins who run it.



Some people who watch this cartoon might just laugh it off, but I suspect that the guy who made this has hung around Roppongi more than a few times because I've met guys like this before. And I mean guys  like these Japanese and these idiot foreigners.


The very first time I ever went to Roppongi was with two girls who wanted to show me around. We walked up the stairs to the Hard Rock Cafe and there was this US military goon standing at the top of the  stairwell. When we got close to him, he said in his crappy Japanese to the girls,


"Issho ni nemashou ka?" (Shall we sleep together tonight?)


The girls were very surprised and looked at me incredulously. His accent was so bad that I thought we had misunderstood and I said to him,


"Pardon me?"


Then he furiously growled to me (with nostrils flaring), "I ain't talking to you, boy!"


I think I melted and slithered back down the stairs to the street below in fear of getting beat up by a 225 pound gorilla. 


Needless to say, I don't go to Roppongi for, er, "fun."





If you want to see more funny anti-American cartoons, click here


Read Lew Rockwell daily for the best in real, practical, anti-state, anti-war, pro-market commentary here.


--------


Keywords: Lew Rockwell, Marketing Japan, Mike in Tokyo Rogers, anime, Anti-American, Mike Rogers, Hard Rock Cafe, US Military

No comments:

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...