Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Matsuchiyo - The Life of a Geisha


My best friend, Ken Nishikawa, who I often make music videos and documentaries with, has just completed a one-hour long documentary about the life of one of Japan's last true Geisha. 

私の友人、西川ケンさんが制作した芸者のドキュメンタリーです。お楽しみください!

Matsuchiyo circa 1965

The film is entitled, "Matsuchiyo - The Life of a Geisha" and is scheduled to premiere at film festivals later this year. Please enjoy the trailer.


I was proud to be able to help Ken out in a very small way with this wonderful and fascinating film. 

Matsuchiyo was one of the top geisha in Japan. Here she is with 
Hollywood Movie-star Edward G. Robinson in the 1950s

I'll be linking to the full length film as soon as some items concerning publishing rights, etc. are cleared. This is a fantastic film, folks!

Enjoy!

See Ken Nishikawa's Youtube channel here.

1 comment:

Andrew Joseph said...

Awesome Mike!
First - who is the Narrator? He's got a wonderful voice! Like it has a hint of UK English in it!
As for the movie - it sounds great. A fascinating look at what I would assume to be a dying breed. I know there are geisha about nowadays, but she's one of the classic ones!
How old is she now? 75+ if she was with Edward G (nyahhh) Robinson, see?
I am intrigued!

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...